Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Manicure

It's usually on Mondays I change my manicure, so I thought I'd do a weekly post about it. I would love to change the nails more often, but they get dry and brake..
So, what's this weeks nails? Actually I painted them yesterday with the dark one I bought two weeks ago. I then used the butterfly from the Konad plate M16 on the ring fingers:

But I got bored already after one day, so today I did an upgrade after some inspiration from Life and the Pursuit of Polish (check under Konad Nail Ideas in the top):

Dark pink tip and Konad print on top of it

I have got some questions about how Konad works, so today, while using Konad, I took some pictures! Here comes a little tutorial:

This is what you need for the pink tip (click to enlarge):
Konad plate, -scraper, -stamper, nail polish remover, corrector pen, cotton, tweezers and French nailtips stickers.
And nail polish (base, two coats of color, darker tip-color, Konad white and a top)


Start with painting the whole nail, I used two coats of Kiko nr 248. When they are completely dry, put on the French nailtips so you get a nice and even border (you can do it without too). Paint with the darker color (I used Kiko Galactic nr 276) from the white sticker and out.


Wait for them to dry and then use a tweezers to remove the stickers, pulling away from the dark color. I found it easiest to do all nails (both hands) at the same time. If you want you can stop here, having a little different type of French nails, just remember the top coat.
Now to the Konad print. I then took the print from plate M16, using only half of it. Put on the special, extra thick, Konad polish.


Use the scraper to remove the excess polish, in one quick stroke. Then take the stamper and pick up the print by "rolling" the stamper over the plate.


The print is now on the stamper. Roll the stamper with print over the nail. Volá, you have Konad print on the nail :) It's quite hard to get the print where you want it, so it takes some practice! Then remove the polish from the plate and do it all over again. When the print is dry, use a top coat to protect the print. Then use the corrector pencil to remove polish and print that has come on the fingers and cuticle. (Or use a cotton top and dip in nail polish remover).

Easy huh? :)


2 comments:

KarenD said...

Thanks for showing all the steps and stuff involved!

Not sure if you've already experimenting with this, but maybe changing to a more hydrating base coat and a less harsh remover might help with the dryness and let you change your polish more often.

Viktoria said...

Thanks and welcome to the blog :)

I'm actually trying out some different removers so we'll see if it helps!